Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Non-Traditional Easter Card


Well, here is something I made yesterday using my new stash of supplies from my Stampin' Up! delivery! This was for a demo challenge card, we had to use a non-traditional stamp set to make an Easter card, which meant no Easter stamp set. Well, I only own one Easter stamp set, A Good Egg, (which I did use for the sentiment only because I didn't have anything else that said Happy Easter). The eggs are actually the balloons from the Sale-A-Bration stamp set Birthday Whimsy. I just stamped them and cut them out with my little paper snips, which are the bomb at cutting out images!
The base of the card is Soft Sky cardstock, and the grass is Wild Wasabi, cut with my paper cutter. I used my scallop punch and a dimensional for the sentiment.
The h is one of my Sticky Cut letters. This was the first time that I have used these. Doesn't it look so sparkly and pretty with my new Chunky Sprinkles Glitter on it! You just have to play with these!
So there is my non-traditional Easter card. I will be sharing more Easter creations with you soon, since Easter is quickly approaching, and I have only one Easter card!
Also, Sale-A-Bration will be over in a few short weeks. Make sure you get your order in soon to make sure you get all the FREE stamp sets and Rub Ons that you want before they disappear!
Happy Stamping!
Jen

5 comments:

Marilyn said...

Love how you made the Easter eggs out of the balloons - too cute - Great Easter card!

Kathy W said...

great card, love the sticky letter with chunky glitter- it reminds me of easter grass.

Robin said...

so sweet :) love it!

Stampin Mindy said...

This is adorable and very Clever! Thank you for sharing. I'll definatly be using the balloons for easter eggs!

Jana O'Brien said...

This is so cute! (I apologize to you. I added your blog link to mine but forgot to add you to my favorites. I'll be commenting in the future!)