Here are some tips for keeping your stamps looking good and conditioned! Some of this information is from the Stampin' Up! Website, and some I found on another SU Demonstrator's blog. Here is a list of items that you probably already have in your stamp room, and here is how to use them:
1. Stampin' Mist Stamp Cleaner (#102642) - 2oz #3.95 and 8oz refill $8.95
2. Stampin' Scrub (#102642) - $14.95
3. Bone Folder (#102300) $6.95
4. StazOn Cleaner (#109196) - $4.95
Stampin' Mist Stamp Cleaner
- Stampin' Mist is a specially formulated spray that both cleans and conditions your rubber stamps.
- For best results, clean stamp immediately after use.
- Dark ink may stain rubber. Stampin' Mist cleans stamps but will not remove stains.
- Stampin' Scrub is designed to be the washer and dryer for your stamps.
- Spray Stampin' Mist Stamp Cleaner on one side of the Stampin' Scrub for washing the inks off the stamp. Then dry them on the other side.
- A good rule of thumb is use the label side of the Stampin' Scrub as your washer and the other for your dryer.
- For best results, do not oversaturate the pad.
- Craft Ink - Craft ink can really dirty up the Stampin' Scrub. To avoid extra Stampin' Scrub cleanings, clean off each stamp before washing and drying with the Stampin' Scrub. Do this by spraying Stampin' Mist directly on to the rubber and rubbing most of the craft ink onto the paper towel or cloth.
- StazOn Ink - Apply StazOn Cleaner directly to the stamp and let the cleaner sit for 10 minutes before wiping with a towel. Repeat if necessary. This process can be used for any stubborn stains on your stamps. After using StazOn Cleaner, clean with Stampin' Mist to keep your stamps conditioned.
- Replacement pads (#101022) - $8.50
How To Clean Your Stampin' Scrub
Clean your Stampin' Scrub pad after heavy use, especially after using a lot of black ink.
1. Carefully (the pins can easily break) remove the pads from their case and rinse them thoroughly in hot water.
2. Squirt a few drops of dishwashing soap and scrub with your fingernails.
3. Repeat until the bubbles stay white.
4. For extra stubborn stains, make a paste with OxyClean and work into the pads fibers. Let sit for an hour or two. You can even let it sit over night.
5. Rinse throughly.
6. Use the Bond Folder to squeegee excess water from the pads. This helps the pads dry quickly.
7. When the pads are dry, carefully put them back into the holder.
8. NEVER place the Stampin' Scrub or pads in the dishwasher (they will warp)!
Hope this helps some of you! Credit to be given to Stampin' Up!s product guide, and mostly Stampin' Colleen, you can see her blog on the right hand side of mine, Stampin' & Scrappin' Room!