Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy St. Patrick's Day!


Ok, so I know that my card doesn't have any green on it whatsoever, but I just felt like sharing it today. Ok, and I know that the stamp that I used isn't from Stampin' Up! (oh my!). But I really felt the need to share this with you all.
I made this card for my mother-in-law and liked it so much that I made a set of 4 of them that I will be giving her for her birthday this summer.
Our whole family is going through a rough time right now with finances due to the family business that is going through a tough time right now. And I know this card will cheer her up some. The only problem is that I have this hymn stuck in my head everytime I stamp it!
I am doing really good with my New Years Resolution of using up all of my retired SU stuff before I buy any more. I didn't buy any of the current In-Colors this year just because I had so much of the retired In-Colors left from last season. I am happy to say that I used up all of my River Rock ribbon on these sets of cards! And I also used up a bit of my River Rock cardstock. The designer paper I used is also retired SU called Ginger Blossoms. Making room for more, lol!!
This is one of the stamps that I got from Verve! I got a few of their verse sayings just because I needed them, lol! They really are great!
This one says: I can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens me. Phillipians 4:13
This is so, so true! And I really just need to believe it right now!
Jen

2 comments:

Kathy W said...

Isn't nice how a stamped card can make someone's day!

Emily said...

This is beautiful Jen! I love the colors and layout! Way to go using up old stuff! I can't believe you didn't get any of the In Color stuff. Baja Breeze is the most gorgeous color! I keep telling myself I'm not buying anymore IC stuff, but that never happens, lol.