Here is another one of the cards that we made at our Heartfelt Thanks Stamp Camp. This card uses bravo burgandy, mellow moss, and very vanilla textured cardstock. The designer paper is my retired Stampin' Up! Recollections paper. This is really a neat card to make. Here are the instructions to follow if you missed this class and want to make one yourself:
1. You need two 4 1/4 x 11" pieces of cardstock (we used bravo burgandy). Score both pices of cardstock at 5 1/2".
2. Take one scored piece and cut it diagonally from center top to the bottom left.
3. Take the other piece of scored cardstock and cut it diagonally from the center top to the bottom right.
4. Add adhesive to the rectangle back of one of the carstock pieces.
5. Tape both pieces together. Make sure both long edges of the diagonal sections are on the bottom.
6. Cut the patterned paper (4 x 5"), in half diagonally.
7. Adhere it to your card front.
8. Add sticky strip on the bottom of the middle panel, as well as on the bottom of the triangle flap that will be on the top of the card.
9. Tape the card base together and set aside.
10. Take both pieces of cardstock for the insert (we used mellow moss and very vanilla textured cardstock), and use the corner rounder on the top corners.
11. Tape together.
12. Stamp and add other embellishments as needed. (we used the scallop and circle punches for our embelishments.
It is a really neat and fun type of card to put together once you figure it all out. If you are like me, and need more visual instructions, you can see them here on the Splitcoast Stampers tutorials. These are the directions that I followed to make mine:
And here is the Splitcoast Gallery full of wonderful projects that everyone else has done with the criss cross cards!
Hope to see you all at my house tonight, (hopefully the snow will cooperate), for our PMS stamping night. Come on over for Pizza/Popcorn, Music, and Stamping. Bring all your own supplies, and work on whatever you like. Just a fun night of snacks and stamping/scrapping! Time: 7pm. Cost: FREE!!!