Thursday, January 17, 2008

Kick Stand Card

I have received a request for the directions to do a Kick Stand Card. So I thought I would share the directions that I have here. It's hard to tell from my scan what exactly they look like, but they are really neat to make. I made several of these cow Happy Holiday cards for my Christmas Card Challenge. I challenge you all to try and make 10 holiday cards every month from now until November, and all your holiday cards will be ready to go by Thanksgiving! It cuts down on a lot of stress at that time of the year, and you have tons of handmade cards to send to all your family and friends!

Kick Stand Cards:

1. Cut cardstock to 4 1/4 x 11, and score in half like a regular tall tent card. (fold goes at the top of the card)

2. Trim 1 1/4 off the bottom of the card front.

3. I like to use a pretty patterned paper here. Cut it to 4 in square, and mat to front.

4. Stamp your main image and mat it on some sort of scalloped layer (if you like scallops!).

5. Lay your card face up on your table, and adhere the main image so that the bottom of it is lined up with the bottom of the card back (inside of the card).

6. Add some coordinating patterned paper to the inside of the card. If it's dark, you might need to layer a small panel of WW to write on/stamp your sentiment.

7. Finish with your embellies! Ribbons, brads, dazzling diamonds glitter! Have fun!

Please share your creations with me, I woul love to see what you all have made!!

Happy Stamping!

2 comments:

Rochelle W said...

Thank you Jennifer for all the nice comments on my blog. Your kick stand card is so cute! I love that cow.

Ellen Pruett (aka Chipper) said...

Oh, I'll have to try this card! I love the way yours turned out. Great instructions.