Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Happy 4th ~ Bleaching Technique



Happy Summer everyone! I thought I would get a jump start on summer with this fun Fourth of July card. I used some of my retiring stamp sets. And also used the bleaching technique for the background. This is super fun and super easy, who doesn't have bleach in the laundry room?

If there is anyone who hasn’t tried bleach stamping, here’s the basics:

1. Make a “stamp pad” using an old towel, piece of felt, or even several layers of paper towel.

2. Pour just one capful onto your homemade stamp pad, it’s easier to start out with to little than to much. You don’t want a really wet pad, a little goes a long way, otherwise you image will run and distort its shape.

3. Stamp your image just like you would normally, but when it hits your C/S you’ll see magic! Every C/S bleaches to a different color and sometimes you’ll be surprised by what you get!

4. Clean your stamps really well using your Stampin Mist to condition them. I’ve stamped with bleach quite a bit and never had a problem with my stamps, but I always clean them very well just in case.


Materials used in making this card:
  • stamps: Polka Dots & Paisley, Year-Round Fun II
  • ink: Basic Black
  • Paper: Ballet Blue, Rose Red, Whisper White
  • Accessories: WaterColor Pencils, Bleach

If anyone is interested in seeing the retiring list, or the retiring accessories list just let me know! These things will be gone after June 30th!! Get what you want now before they're gone!

No comments: