Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Chalkboard Technique


This is a 6x6 card that I made for a Demo Challenge on Splitcoast Stampers (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/.) This is done using the Chalkboard Technique, which I had never done before, so I thought it would be fun to try it. It was fun! This was also the first time I had used my eyelet setter to put the pretty little eyelets on the bottom. If you have never tried the chalkboard technique I encourage you to try it. I have a feeling this will be done at a future stamp camp this summer...hint...hint....
Chalkboard Technique:
1. Start with Basic Black C/S (or any dark C/S)
2. Stamp with White craft ink
3. Pounce, not wipe, with your chalks (if you are like me, you'll want to use your Pastel "eraser" to wipe some of the extra chalk off your "chalkboard" b/g)
4. Stamp a coordinating second step stamp
5. Spray with fixative (or hairspray)
6. Finish your card as desired!
Supplies Used for this card:
Stamps: Heartfelt Thanks
Paper: Basic Black, Orchid Opulence
Ink: White Craft
Accessories: Pastels, Soft Subtles Eyelets, Stampin' Up! Tool Kit (eyelet setter)

1 comment:

Corie said...

Love this card, and the technique. It really makes everything pop