Saturday, January 2, 2010

Let It Snow!




We are getting more snow here in New York. So I thought this was perfect timing to make this decoration. I made this for a Christmas gift for next year actually! I am so going to be ready for Christmas next year, lol!




This is made out of 4x4 square chipboard coasters. So it fits in perfectly with the Whimsy Challenge for using chipboard! You can see the details of the challenge on their blog here: Whimsy Stamps Challenge Blog.




I used the cute snowman from Whimsy Stamps on both of the ends. The designer paper is retired Stampin' Up! (Holiday Treasures). After I glued on the paper to the coasters, I then sanded all the edges. The snowmen are colored in with my SU markers and also have glitter all over them.




The SNOW letters are also from SU and they are from the Decor Elements line, so they are vinyl. They have been sitting on my desk for a while and begging for me to use them! This fit in perfectly for the Stamp Something Challenge Blog of using something new!




I then used my cropadile to punch holes in the chipboard and used various SU ribbon (some retired) to hold it all together.




I just might have to make one for myself to use also!




Happy Stampin!


Jen

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wauw what a beautiful creation.
It so fantastic. Love your coloring.
Thank you for joining the challenge at stamp something.
Dorte aka dot-scrap

Kathy W said...

fun, might have to case this idea using chipboard coasters!

tanjaak said...

Hi! What a pretty project. Thanks for joining the Stamp Something challenge this week.
hugs, Tanja