Friday, February 13, 2009

Pillow Box Valentine's Treat!

Happy Valentine's Day!!!! What a great day to give a card and some chocolate to someone special in your life! I love Valentine's day, and I'm not quite sure why. I never get anything from my hubby for Valentine's Day, or my birthday, or Christmas, or our anniversary. Can you believe we've been married for over 10 years? He did tell me that I could buy the BigShot that I've been wanting for Christmas, so that is a major bonus for him! I told him that I would wait until February to get it so that I could get FREE Stamps for Stampin' Up!'s Sale-A-Bration!!!! Please see my website for all of the great new things that you can earn for free during SAB!!!!!!! You don't want to miss out!!! And don't forget you can place an order directly from my website, or you can contact me for more info! http://jenorbaker.stampinup.net


Anyways, I love making little Valentine's treats for my kids. So here is what I made this year. These were supposed to be made for stocking stuffers, but they had so much in their stockings this year, I decided to make them into Valentine's treats! Aren't they cute?

Now you may be wondering, hey, how did she make these using the pillow box die when she doesn't own the die or the BigShot yet? Good question! These were given to me by my new customer and stamping friend Ellen! Isn't she the greatest? She has discovered a love for stamping and Stampin' Up! and I am so glad that she has come to a few of my events. I love it when people understand my love for stamping and cardmaking!!!! It is a very addictive hobby! Well, she brought these to me at Christmas time and told me to make something for my kiddos! So thank you so much Ellen!!! I appreciate you!!!

These were cut out of acetate, and then I stamped the hearts from the Love You Much stamp set in White Stazon. After that dried, I used my red sticky tape to close it up, after putting some candy in of course! It is tied up with some pretty in pink ribbon. And then the circle stamp was stamped twice on whisper white and pretty in pink paper. Punched out with a circle punch and the scallop circle punch, glued together, and placed on the treat with a dimensional. Pretty quick and easy to make. I'm sure the kids will love them!

Hope you all have a lovely day!
Happy Stampin!
Jen

3 comments:

Kathy W said...

whoo hoo great gift the big shot. the picture isn't coming up but I am sure it is great.

Jana O'Brien said...

So cute Jen! I know they loved receiving them.

Marilyn said...

These are darling pillow boxes - how nice to have a sweet friend to let you use her big shot - you're gonna love it when you get it!!