Saturday, December 13, 2008

Western Coasters






These are called tumbled tile coasters. I purchased them at Home Depot last year. They weren't very expensive at all. And I had gotten a whole box of them. I stamped the western image on the front with my Black StazOn ink and then after it was dry, I sprayed on a coating of acrylic sealer. I had made a whole bunch of these last year and still had a few left, so I decided to give them as Christmas gifts also this year!

I have been using one on my computer desk for the last year, and it still looks good. The stamp set I used is called Wild Wild West. It is a retired set from Stampin' Up! and is very hard to find. I am lucky that my Mother-in-law happens to own this set and let me borrow it to make these! Thank you Margaret!!!

You could make these with just about any stamp set! Oh, and I almost forgot, I put a piece of black felt on the backside of the tiles to prevent them from scratching your surfaces!

Happy Stampin!
Jen

2 comments:

Ann said...

Very cool! These would make an awesome gift! :D

Jana O'Brien said...

Gorgeous tiles, Jen! Thanks for the award!