Thursday, April 24, 2008

Green Birthday

Here's a card that I made for a another demo challenge. The challenge was to use one color and one neutral color. So of course I used my most favorite Stampin' Up! color ~ Certainly Celery!! And also Whisper White. I added a little certainly celery desinger paper to match. The middle flower is stamped onto the desinger paper and then cut out. The stamp set is Time Well Spent. And the insides of the flowers all have chunky glitter for a little bling! Also used the ticket punch. Just a springy birthday card!


I have decided to step down from my full-time position at work in order to homeschool my oldest son who is not doing so well in school. He has ADHD, which we have known for years. He is on medication, but we have just recently switched medications, and he is just doing so poorly in school, and cannot concentrate in the classroom setting. I have always wanted to homeschool him, since before he even was old enough to go to school. And now my husband says that I can. I would love to hear any advice from other homeshooling moms out there, as I am a little fearful of what this all involves. But I know we'll be able to make this work. And am hoping this brings the two of us closer together.

I am also hoping this will give me a little more stamping time! I will still be working per diem at work, just because we'll need some of my income. And I will still remain a SU Demo, just because! So I may have to work a day or so at work when I want to put in my SU order. And I am also going to continue with my RN classes, one at a time, so that I can get my RN.

But I have decided that my children are really the most important thing in my life right now. And right now I feel that we can be happy and poor. My calling right now is to be a better wife and mother for my family. There is plenty of time later in life for all the other stuff! But I will never be able to get back this time in my child's life where I can make a difference!

Happy Stamping!
Jen

6 comments:

Marilyn said...

Hi Jen - The right choice is always the one that is best for your family - money doesn't make happiness - I am so happy that you are doing this - I don't think you'll ever regret being with your son. I personally don't homeschool but have lots of friends who do, and it is a challenge and a blessing. Keep us posted on how things are going for you!!

Unknown said...

Great card!!! Good luck with your son and home schooling him. I always admire the moms who can tackle this big job of teaching their kids at home. I just don't think I could do it but I know it is a great thing!!! I wish you the best of luck with this and everything else you are doing!!

Erin... said...

Super card!! Good luck homeschooling your son. I noticed a lot of moms over on SCS homeschool so I bet they'd have great advice!!
Also thats for entering my blog candy! I'll email you my snail addy so you can be entered!! good luck!

Sandi Berg said...

Great job on the card. I have a heck of a time with that color.

Good luck with your son and homeschooling. I'm a teacher but can't imagine homeschooling my own children (if I had any). I think that takes a lot of talent!

Debbi said...

I love monochromatic, great job!! I've home-schooled my 6 (including one with aspergers)for 16 years. Congrats on a decision that will pay you far more than any paycheck! PM me at SCS if you have any questions!

Vickie said...

I love the color combo and of course this stamp set!! Your card turned out very pretty!!