Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Quick Easter 3x3's

Easter is coming sooner than you think! Which is something I realized the other day, and I only have like 1 Easter card done! So if I am going to get Easter cards out to the family, I need to get going! Which is why I had gotten this Good Egg stamp set in the first place, since I didn't have any Easter stamps.



For these first two cards I used my watercolor crayons in soft subtles and my blender pen, and colored in the chick and the egg. I also used my word window punch for the happy easter saying, and added them onto the cards with dimensionals.
These 4 cards are 4 1/2 by 4 1/2 inches square, which is a cute little size. All are using my new Spring Fling designer paper from Stampin' Up! For these next two cards I used the paper piecing technique, where I stamped my image on the cardstock first, and then also on the designer paper. Then I cut out just the shell part, and using my snail, glued it onto the main image. Now I have a cute little shell that matches the rest of the paper. Also used some pretty in pink ribbon.




These were fun and quick Easter cards to make, and now I have 4 more cards checked off my list! Now to make a few more today so that I'll be ready for the Easter holiday! I actually have that weekend off of work, so we will be having Easter dinner at our house I believe, so I have lots of cleaning up to do also since my in-laws will be coming over!
Plus my daughter and I need to get working on what we will be making for her class for Easter treats, yummy chocolate suckers!
Happy Stamping!
Jen

3 comments:

Stampin Mindy said...

These cards are so cute, I love that chick. I dont have this set but have some swaps of it tempting to buy it.

Kathy W said...

great idea, do 3 x 3 and get a lot done!

Unknown said...

Cute cards!!!